Graduate & Professional Student Government (GPSG)
The mission of GPSG at UNC Charlotte is to:
- Advocate for the interests of graduate students at UNC Charlotte
- To provide a forum for free and open discussion of matters affecting graduate students
- To provide financial and organizational support for events within this community
(10/12) GPSG Announces The Elections Act of 2017
GPSG is proud to announce the new Elections Act of 2017. This Act seeks to establish democratic procedures for electing the GPSG Executive Board. Rather than limiting the number of eligible voters to GPSG Senators, this Act will allow all enrolled graduate and professional students at UNC Charlotte to cast a vote for their representatives. The GPSG Executive Board of 2017-2018 strongly supports opening up the elections to the graduate student body, and feels that each student should have a voice in selecting their representatives.
GPSG Senators will be asked to vote on The Elections Act at the November 14th Senate meeting.
GPSG President, Taylor Valley, is hosting three “markup” sessions. The goal of these sessions is to provide an open forum for graduate students to provide feedback on the Act. Below is the schedule of the markup sessions:
- Monday, November 6th, 10:00-11:00 AM | Location: Atkins Library, Room 128C
Over the years, funding has consistently ranked as the top area concern for graduate students at UNC Charlotte. With little centralized financial resources available, we rely on the generous support of the UNC Charlotte community to fund the research and educational endeavors of hundreds of graduate students.
Please consider sharing your story as an Ambassador for the #NinerNationGives 49-hour fundraising campaign, starting on September 27th.
Contact Taylor if you have questions, and thank you for your support!
GPSG hosted the first Senate meeting of the 2017-2018 academic year, introducing a new agenda to increase graduate student representation.
See the latest GPSG Newsletter for complete updates!
- Pady Doroodchi was elected to the position of GPSG Secretary in a special vote to fill the vacant position
- Four student leaders were confirmed to GPSG Cabinet positions
- GPSG President Taylor Valley proposed, and the Senate passed several motions:
- Establishment of a permanent International Graduate Student Committee
- Establishment of Secretary of Veteran Student Affairs Cabinet position
- Establishment of Secretary of International Student Affairs Cabinet position
Associate Dean of The Graduate School, Dr. Katherine Hall-Hertel, welcomed Senate members to the new year, and explained the importance of GPSG as the primary representative body for graduate student needs since 1999.
Each year, the GPSG President appoints, and the GPSG Senate confirms, a Cabinet to focus on specific activities, policy, and initiatives.
The GPSG Cabinet is one of the best ways to serve your graduate student body while gaining valuable leadership experience. Apply on OrgSync today!
Please see GPSG's statement on recent Islamophobic events on campus here.
The Center for Graduate Life (Cone Center 268)
Submit your event to be included in GradEventsWeekly!
Graduate Student Fund... 2:30p
Graduate Student Fund... 5:30p
- GPSG General